CITY OF SANTA CLARA
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
February 6, 2007
7:00 p.m. in the City Hall Council Chambers
APPEAL OF HEARING DECISIONS OF THE CITY COUNCIL MUST BE MADE TO THE SUPERIOR COURT WITHIN 90 CALENDAR DAYS OF FINAL ACTION. (CODE OF CIVIL PROCEDURE SECTION 1094.6)
A. Proposed San Francisco 49ers stadium in the City of Santa Clara: Recommendation for 1) approval of the process to guide the stadium feasibility study; 2) direction to the City Manager/Executive Director to use the process in conducting the study; and 3) authorization to appropriate $200,000 for specialized legal and consulting services to support City/Redevelopment Agency staff during the feasibility analysis and direction to the City Manager/Executive Director to return to the Council/Agency for approval of the contracts as necessary.
1. Larry MacNeil, Vice President, San Francisco 49ers: Letter and documentation regarding feasibility study process and timeline.
2. Staff memo regarding correspondence received.
[Items listed on the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine and will be adopted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of the items on the CONSENT CALENDAR unless discussion is requested by a member of the Council, staff, or public. If so requested, that item will be removed from the CONSENT CALENDAR and considered under CONSENT ITEMS PULLED FOR DISCUSSION.]
1. Acceptance of a donation in the amount of $500 from Anthony and Ruth Himan to help fund costumes for the Roberta Jones Junior Theatre and authorization to transmit a letter of appreciation.
2. Acceptance of work performed by Devcon Construction on Off-Site Improvements for Santa Clara University - Jesuit Residential Community for Site No. 6754/SOP 11,389 located at 801 to 865 Franklin Street and authorization to record the Notice of Completion (APN 269-23-021, 023, 026, 027, 060 and 067).
3. Acceptance of work performed by Planned Environments, Inc. on the Reed Street Dog Park Project and authorization to record the Notice of Completion (PK 05-06-04).
4. Set February 20, 2007 for the public hearing to consider the Right-of-Way Encroachment request submitted by Sharif and Kifah Awadalla to retain and maintain 2-foot high retaining walls in the public right-of-way along the Barto Street and Forbes Avenue frontage at 3016 Forbes Avenue and authorization to publish the notice of the hearing (APN 293-14-009; S.C. 18,224).
5. Approval to set the salary of newly hired Office Specialist IV Terri Kolstad at Schedule A, Range 24, Step 5, effective February 11, 2007.
6. Approval of Change Order No. 1 with Planned Environments, Inc in the amount of $45,521.07 for the Reed Street Dog Park (PK 05-06-04).
7. Set March 20, 2007 for a public hearing for consideration of two ordinances amending the University and Bayshore North Redevelopment Plans to extend effectiveness time limits and tax increment time limits and authorization to publish the notice of the hearing.
8. Acceptance of the Financial Status Reports for December 31, 2006.
9. Adoption of a Resolution establishing Stop Signs facing Transill Circle at Harrigan Drive and the private alleyways at the intersection of Burdick Lane and Watson Circle (north and south).
10. Adoption of a Resolution establishing 4-Hour Parking zones on the south side of Campbell Avenue, east of El Camino Real.
11. Adoption of a Resolution establishing a Passenger Loading zone on the north side of Lochinvar Avenue, west of Pomeroy Avenue and repeal Section 1 of Resolution No. 7171 which established a Passenger Loading zone on the north side of Lochinvar Avenue farther west of Pomeroy Avenue.
12. Adoption of a Resolution establishing No Parking at Any Time zones on Marston Lane west of Farrell Place.
13. Approval of the use of City Electric Forces for the installation of facilities at various locations.
14. Acceptance of the resignation of Carolyn G. McAllister from the Senior Advisory Commission effective immediately; declare a vacancy on the Commission for the term ending June 30, 2008; and set March 14, 2007 at 5:00 p.m. as the deadline for the receipt of applications, with interviews to be held at 6:00 p.m. on March 20, 2007 and Special Orders of Business on February 20, 2007 to recognize Ms. McAllister and for promotion of the vacancy.
15. Approval of the List of Designated Positions, including Disclosure Categories, which lists those positions that require the filing of Conflict of Interest Statements, Form 700.
16. Approval of the Stipulations with Request for Award for Workers' Compensation Claim filed by Paul Boskovich, Retired Fire Captain.
1. Approval of an Agreement and Covenant Running with the Land with Maria B. and Crisanto V. Blaquera, Jr. and Bernardita Belbes to defer the installation of City standard street improvements along the frontage of 237 Westridge Drive (APN 303-19-035; SC 18,204) and authorization to record the covenant.
2. Approval of Agreement and Covenant Running with the Land with Quoc Nguyen and Ngoc Thanh Chung to defer the installation of City standard street improvements along the frontage of 112 Tyler Avenue (APN 303-20-026; SC 18,156) and authorization to record the agreement.
3. Approval of a Fiber Optic Lease Agreement with Qwest Communications, Inc.
1. Report of Proclamations Issued to Individuals with 30 or more Years of Service: Robert L. 'Bob" Blankenship - Electric Department, Michael J. "Mike" Keller - Electric Department, Clinton B. Laird - Electric Department, Todd Anderson - Water and Sewer Department, Julie R. Fernandez - Fire Department, Bernadette DeSousa - City Clerk's Office, Michael R. Downey - City Attorney's Office, Larry Helling - Water and Sewer Department, Arthur R. Martinez - Electric Department, Loretta 'Marie" Quinn - Police Department, Richard Blanchette - Finance Department, Rick Hutchinson - Parks and Recreation Department, Eugene 'Gene" Sawyer - Fire Department and Donnell Oliver - Street Department.
1. Cultural Advisory Commission - November 6, 2006.
2. Cultural Advisory Commission - December 4, 2006.
E. Routine Written Petitions for Approval
[Planning Commission items not being appealed, or which are not related to an appeal, will be heard under BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS FOR ACTION.] If you challenge a City Council land use decision in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at this hearing before the City Council or in written correspondence delivered to the City at, or prior to, the City Council hearing on the matter. (California Government Code Section 65009)
A. Planning Commission recommendation for approval of a Vesting Tentative Tract Map to subdivide a single parcel into 14 single family lots and one common lot to allow development of a previously approved Planned Development (PD) to construct 14 for-sale detached single family residences and common area at 3421 Homestead Road (Richard Haro / Howell & McNeil Development, LLC -PLN2006-06095/PLN2005-05463).
B. Planning Commission recommendations for approval of the Rezoning from Neighborhood Commercial (CN) to Planned Development (PD) to construct 8 attached townhomes in conjunction with the demolition of an existing commercial building at 3625 Pruneridge Avenue (Michael Abdollahi - Rockwell Homes - PLN2006-05758).
This portion of the meeting is reserved for persons desiring to address the Council on any matter not on the agenda. The law does not permit Council action on, or extended discussion of, any item not on the agenda except under special circumstances. The Council, or its staff, may briefly respond to statements made or questions posed and may request the City Manager to report back at a subsequent meeting. Please submit to the City Clerk your name and subject matter on forms available by the door in the Council Chambers.
12. BILLS AND CLAIMS/PROGRESS PAYMENTS: (Lists are available in the Council Office and the City Clerk's Office.)
A. Approval of Bills and Claims and Progress Payments.