CITY OF SANTA CLARA
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
October 28, 2003
In the Council Conference Room
Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6
City Negotiator: Jennifer Sparacino, City Manager, or her designee
Unit #1 - Santa Clara City Professional Firefighters
Unit #2 - Santa Clara Police Officer's Association
Unit #3 - International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW)
Unit #4 - City of Santa Clara Professional Engineers
Units #5, 7 & 8 - City of Santa Clara Employees Association
Unit #6 - AFSCME (American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees)
Unit #9 - Unclassified Management Employees
Unit #9A - Unclassified Fire Management Employees
Unit #9B - Unclassified Police Management Employees
Unit #10 - Public Safety Non Sworn Employees Association
7:00 p.m. in the City Hall Council Chambers
APPEAL OF HEARING DECISIONS OF THE CITY COUNCIL MUST BE MADE TO THE SUPERIOR COURT WITHIN 90 CALENDAR DAYS OF FINAL ACTION. BECAUSE OF THE AGENDA PROVISION FOR RECONSIDERATION, FINAL ACTION IS DEEMED TO OCCUR AT THE END OF THE NEXT REGULAR MEETING. (CODE OF CIVIL PROCEDURE SECTION 1094.6)
B. First Quarter Status Report for 2003-2005 Council Principles and Priorities and Capital Improvement Projects (CIP) for Fiscal Year 2003-2004: Request to set January 27, 2004 for the Second Quarter Status Report.
A. Possible Reconsideration of Actions Taken at Immediately Preceding Meeting. (See the Summary of City Council Actions for potential reconsideration which is attached to the posted Agenda and is in the Agenda Packet Binder in the Council Chambers.)
[Items listed on the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine and will be adopted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of the items on the CONSENT CALENDAR unless discussion is requested by a member of the Council, staff, or public. If so requested, that item will be removed from the CONSENT CALENDAR and considered under CONSENT ITEMS PULLED FOR DISCUSSION.]
1. Adoption of a Resolution ordering the vacation of water and sewer easements at 475 El Camino Real to Candlewood Santa Clara, CA, LLC and authorization to record the Resolution (APN 230-09-018; S.C. 17,949).
2. Adoption of a Resolution repealing Section 5 of Resolution No. 4188 which established 2-Hour Parking zones on Martin Avenue and establishing a 4-Hour Parking zone on the south side of Martin Avenue east of De La Cruz Boulevard and 2-Hour Parking zones on the south side of Martin Avenue east of De La Cruz Boulevard.
3. Acceptance of a donation of $1,100 from Fatima Francisco and 50 other supporters of the Community Campaign for the Santa Clara City Library to help support the Santa Clara City Library Foundation and Friends.
4. Acceptance of a donation of $100 from Kathy Waggoner in honor of her mother Nova Lee Waggoner to help support the Senior Center Case Management Program.
5. Note and file the Departmental Activity Report for the month of June 2003.
6. Note and file the Departmental Activity Report for the month of July 2003.
7. Adoption of a Resolution establishing No Stopping, Standing or Parking at Any Time zones on the south side of Homestead Road west of Lawrence Expressway and on the west side of Stender Way east of Coronado Way.
8. Adoption of a Resolution establishing a 2-Hour Parking zone on the north side of Santa Clara Street west of Main Street and a Disabled Parking zone on the east side of Laurie Avenue south of Kevin Way (in front of Montague School).
9. Adoption of a Resolution establishing No Parking for Vehicles in Excess of 20 Feet in Length zones on both sides of Bassett Street north of Norman Avenue.
10. Adoption of a Resolution establishing a Reserved Parking for Approved Vendors from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday zone on Stars and Stripes Drive.
1. Approval of an Agreement and Covenant Running with the Land with Chang Zhang prohibiting the use of the addition as a separate dwelling, separate dwelling unit, or separate accessory unit without obtaining further City approvals and permits for the property located at 1420 Lafayette Street.
1. Distribution of 2003-2004 Facilities Brochure.
1. City Council Economic Development Committee "Mission City 21" - October 10, 2003.
1. Santa Clara First Baptist Church: Request for approval of a Special Permit to allow for an outdoor Christmas pageant on December 11-15, 2003 at 3111 Benton Street (PLN2003-03939). Staff Recommendation: Approval subject to conditions.
A. Appeal submitted by Lewis Fast of the Department of Planning and Inspection's denial of a Special Permit for use of an industrial building at 2222 Ronald Street as a residence for one year (PLN2003-03922).
This portion of the meeting is reserved for persons desiring to address the Council on any matter not on the agenda. The law does not permit Council action on, or extended discussion of, any item not on the agenda except under special circumstances. The Council, or its staff, may briefly respond to statements made or questions posed and may request the City Manager to report back at a subsequent meeting. Please submit to the City Clerk your name and subject matter on forms available by the door in the Council Chambers.
12. BILLS AND CLAIMS/PROGRESS PAYMENTS: (Lists are available in the Council Office and the City Clerk's Office.)
A. Approval of Bills and Claims and Progress Payments.
A. Set November 4 and 18 and December 2, 9 and 16, 2003 for a Closed Session in the Council Conference Room pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6, City Negotiator: Jennifer Sparacino, City Manager, or her designee, Employee Organization(s): Unit #1 - Santa Clara City Professional Firefighters, Unit #2 - Santa Clara Police Officer's Association, Unit #3 - International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW), Unit #4 - City of Santa Clara Professional Engineers, Units #5, 7 & 8 - City of Santa Clara Employees Association, Unit #6 - AFSCME (American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees), Unit #9 - Unclassified Management Employees, Unit #9A - Unclassified Fire Management Employees, Unit #9B - Unclassified Police Management Employees, Unit #10 - Public Safety Non Sworn Employees Association.
A. To Thursday afternoon, October 30, 2003, at 12:00 p.m. for a Tour of the Central Park Library Construction Site and then to Tuesday evening, November 4, 2003, at 7:00 p.m. in the City Hall Council Chambers for the regular scheduled meeting.