CITY OF SANTA CLARA
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
March 18, 2003
In the Council Conference Room
Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.8
Property: Northwest Corner of El Camino Real
and Harrison Street;
Negotiating Party(ies): Vince Fiorillo
City Negotiators: Jennifer Sparacino, City Manager
(or her designee)
Under Negotiation: Purchase / Lease of Land
(provisions, price and terms of payment)
Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(c)
City as a potential plaintiff in one case.
7:00 p.m. in the City Hall Council Chambers
APPEAL OF HEARING DECISIONS OF THE CITY COUNCIL MUST BE MADE TO THE SUPERIOR COURT WITHIN 90 CALENDAR DAYS OF FINAL ACTION. BECAUSE OF THE AGENDA PROVISION FOR RECONSIDERATION, FINAL ACTION IS DEEMED TO OCCUR AT THE END OF THE NEXT REGULAR MEETING. (CODE OF CIVIL PROCEDURE SECTION 1094.6)
A. Possible Reconsideration of Actions Taken at Immediately Preceding Meeting. (See the Summary of City Council Actions for potential reconsideration which is attached to the posted Agenda and is in the Agenda Packet Binder in the Council Chambers.)
B. Informational Memo: Mayor / Council Fiscal 02/03 Budget Reductions.
[Items listed on the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine and will be adopted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of the items on the CONSENT CALENDAR unless discussion is requested by a member of the Council, staff, or public. If so requested, that item will be removed from the CONSENT CALENDAR and considered under CONSENT ITEMS PULLED FOR DISCUSSION.]
1. Approval to reinstate 65.9 vacation hours for Fire Department Driver Engineer Joseph Bruna and to accrue vacation hours over the maximum without penalty.
2. Approval of the use of City Water forces for the installation of facilities at various locations.
3. Acceptance of a donation from Air Products and Chemicals Corporation of three tuition slots for a 24-hour Specialty Gas Emergency Response training course with a total value of $1,950 and authorization to transmit a letter of appreciation.
1. Approval of an Agreement and Covenant Running with the Land with Scott A. Grasmoen to defer the installation of City standard street improvements at 200 Bel Ayre Drive until an area wide assessment district is formed and authorization to record the Agreement (APN 303-21-018; SC 17,894).
2. Approval of Call No. 03-1 with Soudi Consultants in an amount not to exceed $50,000 for System Protection Studies.
1. Woodstove and Fireplace Changeout Rebate Program.
2. Kosmont "Very Low-Cost City" Rating for Santa Clara as Excellent Place to do Business.
1. Ethics Ordinance Committee - March 3, 2003.
2. Youth Commission - February 11, 2003.
1. Rivermark Partners: Request for approval of a Special Permit to allow for the placement of signs and flags to direct prospective buyers to the Rivermark Development for a period of 18 months to expire on October 1, 2004. Staff Recommendation: Approval subject to conditions.
* Recommendation for approval of the Modification of the Job Specification for Community Service Officer I to include both the psychological test and the polygraph and of the Job Specification for Community Service Officer II to include the psychological testing but not the polygraph except as it applies to the current requirements for the Property and Evidence Room.
This portion of the meeting is reserved for persons desiring to address the Council on any matter not on the agenda. The law does not permit Council action on, or extended discussion of, any item not on the agenda except under special circumstances. The Council, or its staff, may briefly respond to statements made or questions posed and may request the City Manager to report back at a subsequent meeting. Please submit to the City Clerk your name and subject matter on forms available by the door in the Council Chambers.
B. Request for authorization to apply for and accept a National Institute of Justice Bullet Proof Vest Program grant and to approve re-appropriation of the unexpended grant proceeds each fiscal year until expiration of the grant on September 30, 2007.
13. BILLS AND CLAIMS/PROGRESS PAYMENTS: (Lists are available in the Council Office and the City Clerk's Office.)