CITY OF SANTA CLARA
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
May 23, 2006
In the Council Conference Room
Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(a)
City of Santa Clara, Redevelopment Agency of the City of Santa Clara v.
City of San Jose, Redevelopment Agency of the City of San Jose, et al.
Santa Clara County Superior Court Case No. 1-05-CV-046005
(Consolidated with Case Nos. 1-05-CV-046013 and 1-05-CV-046025)
INTERVIEWS FOR THE
HISTORICAL AND LANDMARKS COMMISSION
In the Reception Lobby Area
For the Four Year Term Commencing July 1, 2006
7:00 p.m. in the City Hall Council Chambers
APPEAL OF HEARING DECISIONS OF THE CITY COUNCIL MUST BE MADE TO THE SUPERIOR COURT WITHIN 90 CALENDAR DAYS OF FINAL ACTION. BECAUSE OF THE AGENDA PROVISION FOR RECONSIDERATION, FINAL ACTION IS DEEMED TO OCCUR AT THE END OF THE NEXT REGULAR MEETING. (CODE OF CIVIL PROCEDURE SECTION 1094.6)
A. Request to continue to June 20, 2006 the Public Hearing for approval of the rezoning and tentative parcel map for the property located at 1575 Pomeroy Avenue (PLN2006-05657 and PLN2006-05659 – Kurt Anderson, Anderson Architects /ERN LLC). [See Agenda Item 10.A below .]
A. Possible Reconsideration of Actions Taken at Immediately Preceding Meeting. (See the Summary of City Council Actions for potential reconsideration which is attached to the posted Agenda and is in the Agenda Packet Binder in the Council Chambers.)
B. Martin's Bar Status Report, 1828 Main Street: Staff recommendation:
1) continue regular monitoring and enforcement of ongoing activity and complete the rear smoking area improvements access,
2) work with property owner and developer to bring forward a site redevelopment plan and entitlement application to construct an affordable senior housing project as soon as possible, and
3) approve the use of $20,000 from existing Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds to cover the interior smoking area corridor subject to CDBG regulations.
7. CONSENT CALENDAR:
[Items listed on the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine and will be adopted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of the items on the CONSENT CALENDAR unless discussion is requested by a member of the Council, staff, or public. If so requested, that item will be removed from the CONSENT CALENDAR and considered under CONSENT ITEMS PULLED FOR DISCUSSION.]
1. Approval of the Compromise and Release for Workers' Compensation Claims filed by Gary Niblock, retired Fire Captain.
2. Acceptance of the Santa Clara Convention Center and Convention/Visitors Bureau Third Quarter Activity Report for fiscal year 2005-06.
3. Adoption of a Resolution establishing a Four-way stop at the intersection of Washington Street and Reeve Street.
4. Adoption of a Resolution establishing a Yield Sign facing Madison Street at Jonathan Street.
5. Adoption of a Resolution establishing a Disabled Parking zone in front of 2979 Withrow Place.
6. Approval of the Plans and Specifications for the Lafayette Street Surface Reseal project and authorization to make minor modifications and to advertise for bids (CE 05-06-10).
7. Approval of the use of City Solar Utility forces for the installation of facilities at 1456 Barbara Drive.
1. Approval of the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Race-Neutral Implementation Agreement.
2. Approval of the Fiber-Optic Installation and Street Opening Permit Agreement with Sprint Communications Company, L.P. for fiber-optic installation in the street right-of-way.
3. Approval of the Joint Powers Agreement creating the California State Association of Counties Excess Insurance Authority.
4. Approval of the Grazing Lease with Gregg and Dorothy Von Tour for a portion of the City-owned Loyalton Property located in Sierra and Lassen Counties.
5. Approval of Amendment No. 4 to the Agreement with OneSource Building Services, Inc. for custodial services to City facilities in the amount of $421,005.08 for Fiscal Year 2006-07 and $429,407.36 for Fiscal Year 2007-08, subject to budget approval (in an amount not to exceed $3,150,000 from December 5, 2000) and authorization to execute change orders in an amount not to exceed $8,000 for Fiscal Year 2006-07 and $8,000 for Fiscal Year 2007-08 subject to budget approval.
1. Preliminary Candidate Guide: "Running for Office in 2006, How to Get Started".
1. Cultural Advisory Commission - May 1, 2006.
1. Guitar Center: Request for the use of a 40' x 40' tent for an outdoor event at 3677 Stevens Creek Boulevard during May 24-26, 2006 (PLN2006-05759). Staff Recommendation: Approval subject to conditions.
[Planning Commission items not being appealed, or which are not related to an appeal, will be heard under BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS FOR ACTION.] If you challenge a City Council land use decision in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at this hearing before the City Council or in written correspondence delivered to the City at, or prior to, the City Council hearing on the matter. (California Government Code Section 65009)
A. Approval of the Amended Development Agreement for a 41-acre office park located at 5351 Great America Parkway with The Irvine Company, LLC (Parcels 1 and 3) and Irvine Commercial Property Company, LLC (Parcel 2) which extends project entitlements for four additional years and pass to print an Ordinance approving the Amended Development Agreement.
A. St. Clare Parish School: Request for approval of a Special Permit to allow a bingo event at 725 Washington Street on June 3-4, 2006 and for the waiver of the $250 Special Permit fee (PLN2006-05766). Staff Recommendation: Approval of the Special Permit subject to conditions and denial of the request for a fee waiver.
* Item 9: 1575 Pomeroy Avenue - Rezone from Single Family Residential (R1-6L ) to Planned Development [PD(R3-18D) ] to demolish an existing residence and construct one detached townhome and two attached townhomes (Kurt Anderson, Anderson Architects /ERN LLC). [See Agenda Item 4.A above regarding request to continue to June 20, 2006 above.]
12. PUBLIC PRESENTATIONS:
This portion of the meeting is reserved for persons desiring to address the Council on any matter not on the agenda. The law does not permit Council action on, or extended discussion of, any item not on the agenda except under special circumstances. The Council, or its staff, may briefly respond to statements made or questions posed and may request the City Manager to report back at a subsequent meeting. Please submit to the City Clerk your name and subject matter on forms available by the door in the Council Chambers.
13. BILLS AND CLAIMS/PROGRESS PAYMENTS: (Lists are available in the Council Office and the City Clerk's Office.)
A. Approval of Bills and Claims and Progress Payments.
A. Set June 6, 2006 at 5:30 p.m. for a Closed Session in the Council Conference Room pursuant to Government Code Section 54957(b)(1) for an evaluation of performance of the City Manager and pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.8 for a Conference with Real Property Negotiator regarding Property: 1515 Alviso-Milpitas Road, San Jose, CA; APN 015-31-002 (near the intersection of Zanker Road and Highway 237); Negotiating Party(ies): Los Esteros Critical Energy Facility, LLC, representatives; City Negotiator: Jennifer Sparacino, City Manager; Under Negotiation: Purchase/Sale/Exchange/Lease of Real Property (provisions, price and terms of payment).
A. To Tuesday evening, June 6, 2006 at 6:30 p.m. for a Closed Session in the Council Conference Room pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.8 and to 7:00 p.m. in the City Hall Council Chambers for the regularly scheduled meeting.