CITY OF SANTA CLARA
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
May 24, 2005
in the Council Conference Room
Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(a)
JOINT MEETING WITH CITY COUNCIL AND YOUTH COMMISSION
in the City Hall Cafeteria
7:00 p.m. in the City Hall Council Chambers
APPEAL OF HEARING DECISIONS OF THE CITY COUNCIL MUST BE MADE TO THE SUPERIOR COURT WITHIN 90 CALENDAR DAYS OF FINAL ACTION. BECAUSE OF THE AGENDA PROVISION FOR RECONSIDERATION, FINAL ACTION IS DEEMED TO OCCUR AT THE END OF THE NEXT REGULAR MEETING. (CODE OF CIVIL PROCEDURE SECTION 1094.6)
A. Possible Reconsideration of Actions Taken at Immediately Preceding Meeting. (See the Summary of City Council Actions for potential reconsideration which is attached to the posted Agenda and is in the Agenda Packet Binder in the Council Chambers.)
[Items listed on the CONSENT CALENDAR are considered routine and will be adopted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of the items on the CONSENT CALENDAR unless discussion is requested by a member of the Council, staff, or public. If so requested, that item will be removed from the CONSENT CALENDAR and considered under CONSENT ITEMS PULLED FOR DISCUSSION.]
1. Authorization to sign and transmit letters to Assembly Members Lieber and Cohn in opposition to Senate Bill 435 (Hollingsworth) regarding the Density Bonus Law.
2. Approval of the use of City Solar Utility forces for the installation of facilities at various locations.
3. Adoption of a Resolution establishing a No Parking for commercial vehicles in excess of 20 feet in length zone on the west side of El Camino Real north of Harrison Street.
4. Adoption of a Resolution establishing a Disabled Parking zone on the north side of Vincent Drive east of Castello Way.
5. Adoption of a Resolution establishing a Disabled Parking zone on the north side of Bellomy Street east of Monroe Street.
6. Acceptance of the Santa Clara Convention Center and Convention-Visitors Bureau Third Quarter Activity Report as submitted by the Santa Clara Chamber of Commerce and Convention-Visitors Bureau.
1. Approval of Amendment No. 2 to the Joint Use Agreement with Santa Clara Valley Water District for the San Tomas Aquino/Saratoga Creek Trail.
2. Approval of Agreement #05-001 with Clear Channel Outdoor, Inc. for relocation of various billboards in the City.
1. Acceptance of the work completed by John Plane Construction Inc. on the Community Recreation Center Renovation Project (PK 02-03-04) and authorization to file a Notice of Completion with the County Recorder.
2. Proposed 2005-06 Municipal Fee Schedule for review.
3. Adoption of the Budget Principles for Fiscal Year 2005-06.
4. Approval to set the salary for New Hire Lineman/Linewoman position at "3" step of the salary range D1-32.
5. Needs Assessment Cable Customer Survey.
1. Convention Center Liaison Committee - May 9, 2005.
1. Club Savoy: Request for approval of a Special Permit to allow a one-day Outdoor Party on June 12, 2005 from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. at 3546 Flora Vista Avenue (PLN 2005-05055). Staff Recommendation: Approve subject to conditions.
A. Piccadilly Fine Foods: Request for approval of a Special Permit to allow the use of three trailers at 1370 Franklin Street (PLN2005-05054). Staff recommendation: Approval of a 12-month term to provide adequate time for applicant to seek a solution and to remove the trailers.
A. Planning Commission - Minutes of May 11, 2005: Request to note and file.
1. Item 9: 3600 Pruneridge Avenue - Tentative Subdivision map to subdivide a single parcel into 36 lots for the development of 31 single family homes, two duplexes and one common lot, related to a previously approved Planned Development (PD) rezoning for 35 new townhomes (PLN2005-04983 - Northridge Apts., Inc., Richard Tso, Kier & Wright Engineering).
This portion of the meeting is reserved for persons desiring to address the Council on any matter not on the agenda. The law does not permit Council action on, or extended discussion of, any item not on the agenda except under special circumstances. The Council, or its staff, may briefly respond to statements made or questions posed and may request the City Manager to report back at a subsequent meeting. Please submit to the City Clerk your name and subject matter on forms available by the door in the Council Chambers.
B. Approval to renew the previously adopted City Employee Salary and Benefits Continuation Program for Military Reservists and clarification of the benefit for those called to Active Duty for a continuous extended period of time.
14. BILLS AND CLAIMS/PROGRESS PAYMENTS: (Lists are available in the Council Office and the City Clerk's Office.)
A. Approval of Bills and Claims and Progress Payments.
A. To Tuesday evening, June 7, 2005 at 7:00 p.m. for the regular scheduled meeting in the City Hall Council Chambers.